R3CRUIT is ùw partner voor de werving en selectie van tijdelijk en vast hoger geschoold personeel
Business Controller: This position is part of an embedded Accounting and Finance team EMEA.
Job location: Schiphol mostly but also weekly in Rotterdam
As a Business Partner (50%):• Works very closely with Plant Operations and Supply Chain directors and managers to set and align performance measures and metrics and provide insight for on-going continuous improvement;
• Actively participating in the strategy, budget planning and forecasting activities of operations and supply chain;
• Ensures Finance involvement in the Operations and Supply Chain Project Review Team (PRT) and the locations, to drive the right decisions related to capital spending;
• Responsible for operations and supply chain corporate budgeting and monitoring process including cost control process of operations and supply chain expenses (no surprises / harmonization);
• Support the budget process on volumes and product flows;
• Yield calculation and analysis (harmonization worldwide). Verify and communicate the production reports of the factories to the different stakeholders. Identify and follow up with several functions on improvement areas;
• Working with Commitment, Investments requests;
Also fiduciary responsibilities and controls (25%):
• Balance sheet reviews and reconciliation for inventory accounts. Check stocks and make sure physical stock confirmations are in line with accounting and calculated stocks (no surprises);
• Assess the current month-end process on efficiency and timeliness regarding BOSC reporting. Ensure that key financial policies and other procedures are followed to support a strong system of controls;
• Utilizing and advance knowledge of operations to ensure operational risks are identified and mitigated and to ensure compliance with regulatory and operational standards;
• Control the flow of goods and communicate the outcomes of the production process to relevant stakeholders;
• Make sure all deliveries and receipt of raw materials are invoiced / received and all reclassifications of stocks are reviewed;
• Work with plant / supply chain managers to make sure all weighing checks and procedures around product controls are functioning;
• Work with plant managers to make sure plant and warehouse security is in line with internal control standards / minimums;
• Determine what fiduciary activities could be moved to regional shared services or CBS and implement.
Also process improvement (25%)
• Work with supply chain team to provide a meaningful overview of rework development, the issues and usage;
• Participation in ad hoc Finance projects with operations link, information support for various business initiatives;
• Participate in system/process improvements and initiatives.
• Minimum 4 - 7 years’ experience within field of study;
• Upward finance roles with exposure to processing and supply chain.
• Demonstrated ability for continuous improvement and process optimization;
• Strong accounting and control experience with very good technical knowledge, understanding of US GAAP;
• Attention to detail & deadline drive;
• Advanced capabilities in analytics, business performance reviews, budget & forecasts;
• Ability to communicate and influence and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups;
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.