R3CRUIT is ùw partner voor de werving en selectie van tijdelijk en vast hoger geschoold personeel
Technical Manager Inspection Services
About the Position
Our client is currently seeking a Technical Manager to join the team based in Rotterdam. The main purpose of the role is to provide technical advice and consultancy within our client's global network in accordance with accepted international standards.
Main duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Provide technical advice and consultancy to customers, relating to inspection, sampling, sample preparation, moisture determination and analysis, within our global network in accordance with accepted international standards.
- Providing operational guidance to Commercial team to assist with costing and pricing.
- Advise and provide guidance/leadership on customer complaints/claims to coordinate appropriate action with operational and quality management. Coordinate data collection, analyse facts and provide recommendations for action to senior management.
- Advise and provide guidance on Risk Management and coordinate appropriate action with relevant operational, inspection services and management teams.
- Training and support to inspectors/surveyors/sub-contractors.
- Preferably a tertiary education in Chemistry, Science, Management, Commerce or a related field.
- Required 5+ years’ experience in Inspection Services, within Metals and Minerals markets.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Management Information Systems.
- Demonstrated experience in Sampling and Sample Preparation of metals and minerals
- Preferably Draft Survey knowledge.
- Ability to speak a second language (next to English) is desirable: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese
- Demonstrated especially to influence management, colleagues and staff to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Passionate about customer satisfaction and the delivery of quality services to customers.
- Ability to coach team members to assist in maintaining a high level of quality.
- Planning/thinking and implementation abilities-client focused
- Technology and efficiency focused
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Quality Management Principles, ISO 9001/17020 standards and the role of quality systems in business.
- Practical approach in continuous improvement and the implementation of such.
- The ability to interpret data, make sound recommendations, implement and manage change.
- Proven ability to organise and possess strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.